Literally the best granola I have ever made. As a cinnamon bun lover myself, I was ecstatic when I saw this recipe from Oh She Glows. What makes it so good? Blending up maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and dates into a thick, smooth sauce that makes this granola truly taste like a cinnamon bun.
Ingredients (click here for original recipe from Oh She Glows):
3 cups rolled oats*
1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 cup maple syrup*
1/4 cup medjool dates (about 4-5)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
*The original recipe called for buckwheat groats and shredded coconut, which I did not have so I just added more oats.
*I used half maple syrup and half agave
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix
3. In a blender, add maple syrup, dates, coconut oil, water and vanilla extract and blend until smooth
4. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix so that all the components are coated in that yummy sauce
5. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola onto the sheet. Spread out evenly. Place in the over for 25 minutes, stirring it around every 10 minutes to make sure everything gets equally crunchy and browned. Removed from oven and let cool. The granola should look toasted and golden. Once it cools, it will get nice and crunchy.
Ready for the oven!
Store it in a sealed container. I will definitely be doubling this recipe next time!
I enjoyed it on top of some plain Greek yogurt.